Intake Manifold query

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net,
Subject: Intake Manifold query
From: "Dale Gleason" <inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:10:29 -0600
Hey Group,

I drive/tinker a 74' Midget 1275.
When I bought this car it came without any air rail, PCV valve, gulp valve,
anti run-on valve (could use one..)
It does however have the charcoal cannister hooked up.
Been driving it and doing a slow restore pretty steady since.

But I have been keeping mum about the following knowing that I likely will
not like the answer.
The intake manifold has a L shaped connector coming out of the middle hole
with a hose and what looks to be the remnants of some type of emission
system clamped inside.

This can't be right....can it? I have seen a host of variations upon this
port. What are my options?

http://www.freewebs.com/inaverysmallroom/intakemanifold.htm

Here are some pics of the current set up pieces. There should be about four
pictures there to give you a better inside view.

http://www.freewebs.com/inaverysmallroom/intakemanifold.htm

Thanks for any suggestions....

Miles Herndon
(not Dale)
inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com

Get live scores and news about your team: Add the Live.com Football Page
http://www.live.com/?addtemplate=football