Sway Bars

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sway Bars
From: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 08:15:19 -0500
The owner/author of this web site:
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/Swabarra.html gives a chart to show the
effect of moving from one size sway bar to larger/smaller sizes. For
instance, in moving from a 9/16" to a 5/8" bar you increase the torsional
resistance by 52% for the same bar geometry. That's fairly significant for
what seems to be a small change in bar diameter.

The site also tells what happens when a bar is too small or large in
relation to oversteer / understeer and some other interesting suspension
setup parameters. I think you guys/gals will enjoy the site. I don't know
the guy, but thanks for the information!

Tim Collins
Midland, MI
1966 AH Sprite