RE: Engine and gearbox removal questions

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@comcast.net>, <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Engine and gearbox removal questions
From: "Christian Manuel" <cmanuel@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:19:25 -0600
If I have an engine and tranny together but out of the car, would it be
easier (as a first timer on this) to split them to put them back in?

Also, since the engine/tranny are out, is there a preferred way to transport
this?  Should I place it back in the car when I flat bed it home or lay it
on its side in a truck?

I guess as I write this, I know I should split the two to install a new
clutch since I have the opportunity.  I found a receipt for new clutch
parts, but who knows if it was installed.

I will have full access to a hoist (permanent loan in return for storage of
it) so that isn't going to be an issue this next spring/summer

Chris

Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

> Hi list,
>

> Other finally, is that I do need to pull the gearbox at the same time

You can pull the engine first, then the gearbox.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ