Re: A sad day

To: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: A sad day
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:56:21 -0700
                                  (This apparently did not get through
when I sent it yesterday)

Brian....

Never, ever apologize for praising the good you find in other people.
As we wander through this life, many of us are blessed to be befriended
by someone who has a great impact on who we are, and therefore in
shaping we take in life.  In singing their praises, you not only honor
them, but by sharing your experiences and love for them, illustrate to
others that in this world we are all surrounded by good and decent
people.  (Many of you know the person who has played that role in my life.)

Now, you are exchanging a great friendship for wonderful memories that
will remain with you for the rest of your days.

Buster Evans

        brian S wrote:
        Hi all

        Had a sad weekend. A great man passed away kind of unexpectedly the
        other day, and I went to his funeral today. An old family friend
        and
        the the gentleman who raced with my Aunt and my Dad, and who
        bought my
        Aunt's other race car when she stopped.
        I went to many races as a young kid with my Dad when they raced
        together, as friends and competitors, and many races at The Glen
        even
        after they stopped competing. Always a blast. They are the ones
        that
        got me hooked on Bugeye's.
        They remained great friends even after they had moved away from
        each other.

        He ran a hardware store in Geneva NY, then a Sheetmetal business in
        Pa. After he sold it and "retired", he started to work.
        He had turned 79 in December and yet was as more active than
        almost anyone I know.
        For the past few years had been doing a groundup restoration on
        a mid
        50's Ford Cabover delivery truck, a 912 Porsche for his
        daughter, his
        59 Corvette drag car "Mother Fletcher" and about to start
        getting his
        Bugeye race car ready for the 50th anniversary.

        Hopefully I can find a way to get it there for him.

         He said shortly after his first chemo treatment. I gotta beat
        this and
        live for 10 more years so I can finish all my stuff.
         He was very active in his local fire department, a member for
        50 years
        and they had just recently finished an addition on it that he
        planned
        and help build. As a plaque that he received said "He was a man who
        was relentless in his convictions",
        I love that PC line. So very true.
        As is the fact that he had a heart of gold.
        Glade E. Hall Sr, you will be sorely missed.
        Rest in Peace my friend.

        Brian
        Bugeyeracr under resto

        Sorry if this sounds like an obituary, but just wanted you all
        to know
        a little about a man who had made a big impression on me, my
        family and many others.