Re: Bugeye at 26K?

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>, Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bugeye at 26K?
From: Mike/Donna Carpenter <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 10:35:01 -0400 (EDT)
Welcome to eBay!  Fishy things go on there every second of every day.  If it's
too good to be true it probably is.

Actually in the past, I have been bidding on items with a reserve price and put
a higher max proxy bid near the end and my max proxy bid was higher than
reserve.  eBay automatically put my bid at reserve.  I didn't exactly want it
at reserve that early in the auction.  So it doesn't always take two bidders.

Shill bidding also occurs on a regular basis.  Just figure out what you will go
on an item and do like the rest of the serious eBayers and bid a few seconds
before it ends with the max proxy that you will go.

Mike C