Re: desmogging 1275

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: desmogging 1275
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:05:13 -0700
I'm a 1500 guy, but I'll take a stab at it since we got the pollution
stuff even worse.

for the air rail, get some 7/16-20 setscrews (no caps). They'll go right
down in and you'll barely notice them.

Since you have a Bugeye, it never came with the evaporative emissions
stuff anyway, so just don't install it. Make sure your gas cap is of the
vented type, and you can add some hose to the carb oferflow ports just
to make sure they're aimed away from anything hot (i.e. exhaust).

If the carbs have the throttle plates with the poppet valves, replace
them with the solid disk type. They're inexpensive, and will not
interfere with the intaike air flow so much.

Don't install the air pump either. What you'll need to do is look at how
the '67 1275 was set up - I think the carb breathers went to a catch can
on the timing cover. (This is where you 1275 guys can jump in!)

Hope this gets you started.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/