Re: 73 Midget electrical questions

To: J F <tr3.4.me@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 73 Midget electrical questions
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 14:11:51 -0400
J F wrote:

> Sorry for the barrage of questions I'm likely to be sending but I'm
> not having much luck relating portions of the schematics to my car.
>
> 1) There is a splice in the turn signal wiring that send the signals
> to the rear lights - or at least is supposed to!  Can someone point me
> to the approximate location of that splice?

Right hand side under the dash.

> 2) Where is the hazard light flasher unit located? (I'm guessing it's
> supposed to be on the ends of some of those dangling wires but I
> haven't found the correct color coded wire combination or been able to
> successfully trace the wires.)

Inside the radio console. The signals are wired thru it via the hazard
switch, clean the contacts on the switch.
To by-pass the hazard switch and still have turn signals, connect the 2
green wires together in the console pigtail, one will have a small black
band on it.

> 3) Under the hood between the right-hand hood hinge and the fender is
> a small electrical device of some sort with two (possibly green) wires
> connected to it.  What is that?

Voltage stabilizer? Fuse box? or signal flasher?
Stabilizer and flasher should be under the dash inside the car.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ