5-speed conversion question

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5-speed conversion question
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 21:17:24 -0500
Maybe someone with a Datsun 5-speed conversion can answer this one for me.
I'm almost done.  In fact, after we bleed the clutch tomorrow it is time to
fire it up and do a road test.  The problem is the Datsun shift mechanism is
right in the center of the transmission, yet the bug-eye shift cover is
offset to the right.  So the shifter bangs into the side of the hole in the
top of the shift cover.  The transmission is centered - I can't move it any
to the right.  What is the solution?  Or am I the only one to ever encounter
this problem?  Thanks.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite)