Re: Answer one of my own questions

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: Answer one of my own questions
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 22:31:57 -0700
Hi Jim,

To adjust the automatic park position of the wipers, you'll need to rotate
that small can on the top of the wiper motor assembly.  Loosen a couple of
screws that hold down the pinch plate, rotate a bit, 1/4" or so, snug the
screws a bit and try the wiper park.  If it's worse, rotate it again but in
the opposite direction.  Eventually you should get it OK.

No need to reverse the wheel boxes unless you put them in wrong!!!

The wiper motor has 2 hot wires to it. One when you turn on the ignition,
the send one when you flip or pull the switch to make them run.  When you're
through with them, you flip or push in the switch and they continue to run
until they park.  That switch has a gap in that dome thingy you've been
adjusting.  When it reaches that gap, current is stopped to the motor.  That
wire remains hot until you turn off the ignition switch.

Instead of flipping over the wheel boxes, just accept the fact they go forth
and back instead of the usual back and forth.  Get used to it!

Paul A