Re: [Spridgets] Loss of brake pedal

To: "'MGraziano'" <mgraziano@austin.rr.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Loss of brake pedal
From: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 00:03:04 -0500
Hi Mike,

Sounds like a classic case of an air bubble in the circuit.  There are a
couple of possibilities.  One is that after you got done driving, the air
bubble rose to the top of the cylinder and popped.  That is the best
scenario, but usually isn't the case.  The more likely scenario is that the
air bubble sank, and is sitting somewhere in the system.  The pedal going
all the way to floor happens when the bubble is in the bore of the cylinder.

There is a way to hook a vacuum up to the top of the master cylinder to pull
out any air, but I'm a bit hazy on the specifics.  I'm sure someone here on
the list knows the steps to take.

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Driftwood, TX