Re: [Spridgets] A Puzzle

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A Puzzle
From: "Robert Bruce Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:55:12 -0700
WJHS1960 wrote:  "True. Been discussed AND proved beyond any reasonable doubt
on the Big Healey List, guys!! Ad nauseam."
And what I am saying is that as a cop contemporary to the issue, there was
nothing in the California Vehicle Code and nothing from CHP instructors in 1963
(the vehicle code at that time did not change for two years).  The Vehicle Code
at that time requires that registration certificates carry the "year", and that
year was determined by the year the vehicle was first sold.  Having just
checked the darkened pages of the California Vehicle Code issued to me so long
ago, there is no provision for the Department of Motor Vehicles attaching any
numbers to a vehicle.  Section 10750 specifically states, "This section does
not prohibit...nor prevent the *manufacturer* from placing in the ordinary
course of business numbers or marks upon a new motor vehicle or parts thereof."

As an historian, as a newspaperman, and as a cop, I would have to EVIDENCE
proving the California Vehicle Code wrong.  Simple as that.  Can anyone offer
ANY evidence?
Buster