Re: [Spridgets] A Puzzle

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A Puzzle
From: "Robert Bruce Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:25:52 -0700
David Doiron wrote:  "These tags were applied on MOST of the cars that were
processed by "British Motor Cars", the distibutor for the US west coast based
in San Francisco."

Well, that certainly makes sense!  Each state, of course, has its own laws
regarding vehicle registration.  "Back then", some states went by the year of
manufacture, some (for imports) went by the year imported unless it had
documentation otherwise, and for homebuilt cars like Johnny Cash's, by the year
first registered.

"Istill have a tiny box in my roll-away full of little black tags."

I suspect they would be coveted by the concours devotees of several marques

"As to the crayon markings, I had no dealings with them and cannot help."

Most people never saw them because they were hidden from view.

Buster Evans