Re: [Spridgets] Light Bulbs

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Light Bulbs
From: davriker@nwi.net
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:33:40 -0800 (PST)
>> We bought a bunch of those to convert all our lights over to compact
>> fluorescent. They were all dead within one month.

Incandesant bulb, 60 watt, 8 for $1.98 at Lowes.  Long life, 8 for $3.98.
Single fluorescent bulb $5.99. (=8 for $50)  I'm sorry, I just don't see
how they pencil out. Oh, and if you are trying to save the world by
switching to compact fluorescent bulbs, tell me, how do you dispose of
them?  Fluorescent blubs contain hazardous waste and should not be
disposed of in a landfill, and when broken release ozone depleting gasses
into the atmosphere.

David Riker