Re: [Spridgets] Light Bulbs

To: davriker@nwi.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Light Bulbs
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:28:49 -0500
davriker@nwi.net wrote:

> Incandesant bulb, 60 watt, 8 for $1.98 at Lowes.  Long life, 8 for $3.98.

But long life means 10 minutes instead of 5.
I too have tried the curly flouresent bulbs, yeah, 13 watts and I can't
see anything because 13 watts is not 60 watts.
And they all lasted about as long as a regular bulb.
Ya know I have this Edison bulb in my front outside light, I have had
this bulb since I was about 19 and in my first apartment, in fact,
that's where I found it. It has been in various lamps and outside
fixtures for over 30 years. It's older than I am, it may have been used
before I found it, it takes a second to come on and it glows orange.
So if Thomas Edison made a bulb that lasted decades back in whenever,
how come they can't, or will NOT make a bulb that lasts today?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ