Re: [Spridgets] What is still there?

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] What is still there?
From: "Robert Bruce Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:46:27 -0800
Jim Johnson wrote:  "Since it is actually their home country, I would be
interested to have our British Brethren chime in on this topic."

But how many have driven the thousands of miles in the U.S. necessary to
compare the courtesy of one to the other?  Oh, you will hear complaints
from Brits and Swiss and Austrians about the "lack of courtesy" among their
own drivers.  However, it is relative only to their own experiences ion
their own highways.  To make a valid comparison, they would have to have
extensive driving experience in the other.  (We have purchased two cars on
the "tourist delivery plan", taking delivery in Europe, driving for a few
months, and then having the company ship the car home for us.  With *each*
car, we put on close to 5,000 miles in England and the Continent!  And that
was just on two trips where we purchased the cars.)

Buster