Re: [Spridgets] Was: still there? Now: Big Words

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Was: still there? Now: Big Words
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 21:51:49 -0600
> They are doing the best they can under the system in place.  The
> system is the problem.  I think a long fence patrolled by the National
> Guard is a good idea, but I know the government would spend way too
> much to do it.

I don't think there are enough Indians (the aboriginal variety) to man the
fence and expel those of us who do not belong ;-)
As mentioned earlier, none of us really has a moral high ground of
"belonging" here, whether we came through Ellis Island or are here by
accident of birth. Rather than a fence, we need a system which allows
us to let them in, get rid of the criminal element, allow them to go home
without wondering whether they will be able to get back and to allow
them to aspire to citizenship and the rights and privileges thereof. This
means that we will need to re-possess a lot of those rights and privileges.