Re: [Spridgets] First drive on new engine

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] First drive on new engine
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:51:03 -0800
FWIW...

Once, in an earlier life as a 'Brit', I bought a new Mini 1000 and a new
Escort GT. I seem to remember that, in the owners manual,  it usually went
something like this:---

Quoting from a bad memory!
"Do not exceed 30 mph for the first 100 miles. Graudally increase speed, in
short bursts, until maximum speed is achieved at 1000 miles"

We used to put a small notice in the back window that read "Running In". to
avoid some rather rude gestures from the frustrated dirvers behind you...
-
Dave G, KK7SS
'65 MKIII Sprite, Richland, WA