[Spridgets] Weber to SUs

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Weber to SUs
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:41:34 -0400
Well I tried the ABC needles in the swing needle 1.25 SUs, I didn't like
them.
Now I am running stock AUD-136 fixed needle 1.25 SUs and they are almost
as nice as the DCOE.
Please note *almost* The car runs well, I almost have it tweaked in
perfectly, just a little stumble on a hard left turn which has me
puzzled.  Must be float level.
There was a significant difference between the swing needle and the
fixed needle carbs. Does anybody know why?
I rebuilt both sets, the jets were set at 12 flats down to fire up, I
had to turn the swing needle jets down almost 30 flats just do it would
run decent. Fixed needle carbs are 12 flats give or take a couple now
that I have tweaked them in.
My next problem is that I used a no hole intake and was going to use the
tubes from the swing needle carbs for PCV.
So I replaced those carbs with the early set with no tubes, now I have
to change the intake because oil is squirting out of every nook and
cranny, puddling up under the car and blowing out the oil filler cap.
No PCV means lots of oil leaks. But I had to clean under the bonnet
anyway ;)
So I am wondering, just swap out the fixed needle pistons into the swing
needle carb bodys so I have the tubes for PCV and still have the fixed
needles?
Or replace the intake with one with a hole in the middle for the PCV valve?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ