Re: [Spridgets] Weber to SUs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Weber to SUs
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:26:05 GMT
No PCV means a return to a "vented" configuration which requires at least two
1/2 " ports to effectively relieve crankcase gasses/pressure and most
especially when
driven like you stole it.

Normally an upper port from the valve cover and a lower port via the "can" on
the
timing cover. For those timing covers with no can, the old mech. fuel pump port
will suffice. Actually, all three is a better bet.... with the fuel pump port
being a mighty
1 incher.

I'd go with the early, simple tried and true "flying saucer" PCV
set-up.....cheap, effective.....make you happy long time.

Incidentally, if your 45 DCOE isn't returning decent mileage/fuel economy at 70
mph cruise on flat highway, even with ribcase ratios and 3.9, it probably needs
re-calibration.

Mine was great on economy (AND performance) utilized as above on my PO'd VP3
cammed super-tuned (90 dynoed HP @ the wheels) '74 Spridget I used for
commuting back and forth from Stamford to NY Metro airports prior to retirement
from the increasingly  "unfriendly" skies. :)

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)