FWIW... as an ex-Brit...
1) A European gallon has 8 pts of 20 fl oz = 160 fl. oz .... ~ 4.0c/oz
a US gallon has 8 pts of 16 fl oz = 128 flo. oz. _~2.75c/oz
- a difference of 20% in a the size of the gallon...
- a difference of approx 25% in price.
(If my calculator is correct!)
2) The US pumps oil in many states.
Europe doesn't pump any oil, except (AFAIK) for Scotland and North Sea
3) At budget time, the European governments traditionally raise the taxes
on Beer, Alcohol, Cigarettes and Gasoline... British taxes on gas used to be
the major part of the cost..
On 13 Apr 2008 at 19:58, Norm 2Bs wrote:
>> While we sit here & complain about our $3.35 - $3.50 a gallon gas,
>> what are Europeans paying? Last time I drove there was 12 years ago &
>> gas was c. $6.00 per US gallon.
Dave G. KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.
But I'm not so sure about the universe." ... Albert Einstein.
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html