Re: [Spridgets] cooling system issues revised---Help

To: "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] cooling system issues revised---Help
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:33:23 -0400
Ryan (and others having similar problems),
Do yourself a favor, and have the cooling system pressure-tested, by
someone who knows what they're doing.  From what I've read, on this
thread (and I confess to not reading all of it), it sounds suspiciously
like a head gasket problem, to me.  Anyway, you can spend a lot of time
& money (parts & coolant) groping blindly for a cure, or you can just
have it pressure-tested by a competent radiator shop, or trust-worthy
repair shop and find out where the problem truly is.
Spring is here.  Don't waste your time trying to out-smart yourself
(something we are ALL guilty of, at one time or another).  Get to the
root of the problem quickly (pressure-test), fix it, and enjoy driving
it.
Oh, yeah....one more thing: get that temp gauge fixed NOW, before you
cook your engine.  Engine rebuilds are a WHOLE lot more expensive than
temp gauges.
Bud Osbourne