Re: [Spridgets] OT- Beer

To: "Heard" <heard@datatrontech.net>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] OT- Beer
From: dlancer7676@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:26:45 +0000
Makes you wonder why they have more than one tap---all that tasteless stuff is
the same.   Bud, bud light, miller, miller light.  Just recently our locals
have begun carrying Yeungling, both on tap and in containers.  It is a huge
step above the Bud conundrum and I have been ordering it.

 Yep--I have made several stabs at making my own brew over the years.  Some
good, some awful.  I think the best I made was when I got away from using a
"kit" and went to a brew store and  purchased real hops and real malt, and real
ale yeast, etc., according to a recipe.  And I used spring water from a local
spring to get away from chlorination.

There is a book available, yet, it's title is "The Idiot's Guide to
Homebrewing."  Pretty good manual with recipes.

--David C.
'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.'

From: "Heard" <heard@datatrontech.net>