Re: [Spridgets] Sleeving master/brake cylinders - Stainless vs.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sleeving master/brake cylinders - Stainless vs.
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:16:30 +0000
That's a fair question ( to which I don't have an answer ).  Maybe when you
are calling the people who offer resleeving services, you could ask them and
let us know?  Maybe it's just because that's the way it's always been done
or maybe there is some quality of the metal that makes it more or less
attractive?

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>

I am sure that the brass the outfits are using is durable but I can still
imagine corrosion and wear in brass after a couple years, especially in the
master
cylinder.

What I can't figure is why does'nt everybody use stainless? The material
cost is not the issue here.