[Spridgets] spridget mech tach questions

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] spridget mech tach questions
From: Matt Endicott <endicar@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 20:58:33 -0500
I've been reworking my mechanical JAEGER tach in my 62 Midget MK1 after
it froze up.  I know Smith and Jaeger were one in the same, but the dial
calibration on a Midget MK1 is different than the Smith units used in
the Bugeye or MK2 Sprite.  My car came with a repro tach reduction box.
Did Midget MK1 use the exact same tach reduction gearbox as the MK1 and
MK2 Sprite?  Also anybody know how to calibrate this thing other than
trial and error of pointer placement?  Please have a look at my work and
pictures here: www.indoorphin.com/tach

Thx, Matt