Re: [Spridgets] john , NJMP in millville info?

To: "John Caffrey" <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] john , NJMP in millville info?
From: "Matt Hagopian" <mhagopian@hoppetool.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:12:51 -0400
That was me! qualifying time at lightening was 1:28.340, practice on
saturday I dropped my time down to 1:25.808, then for the race on sunday i
ran 1:24.559, I had 3 laps in the 24's and the rest of the 12 laps were less
then 1 second difference minus 2 that I let the leaders by. they were within
2 seconds of fastest time.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:32 AM, John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu> wrote:

> Chuck,
> Nobody could miss what was going on overhead all weekend. We drove the
> gravel road around the perimeter and watch several races across from the
> tower on the outside of Thunderbolt, and the coolest thing for me was
> being less than 300 yards from the runway while all of the war birds
> were taking off and doing flyovers. I still can't identify everything I
> saw, but was in awe of the bombers and P-51 with it's 12 cylinder
> engine. The classic car show was special also, I was impressed to have
> the chance to examine 6 Allards, with several different engines. The
> Allard with a competition pedigree was powered by a Chevy V8 and a huge
> McColough (sp?) supercharger. My friend J.D. King won a hard fought CFF
> race, the best one-armed race car driver you will ever see, an
> inspiration to see what some people with disabilities can accomplish.
> The cheatin dog was driven by Matt Hagopian, a nice young man and new
> member here. I met Matt and his grandfather on Sunday in the Lightning
> paddock and had a nice conversation with them. Unfortunately I didn't
> get to see them race, there was just so much going on and we tried to
> take it all in. Got an offer to drive at the ARRC in a F1st in November
> from the car's owner, and an offer to collaborate on my vintage FV
> project with the goal of both of us being competitive at the 50th
> anniversary celebration at Roebling Road in Savannah. Another
> distraction to finishing my Sprite, but it's great to have my good
> friend and ex-crew chief Jim Smith involved again. The garage work
> wasn't getting done, but I need to get to the track more often.
> Also, no sand fleas, just a great event!
> John
> Fogelsville, PA
>

> charles christ wrote:
> > who was driving the "cheating dog" silver spridget this last wekend at
> NJMSP ???
> > saw the car but never saw the driver.....(yeah , i wuz there.....) so was
> a number of "PHA" other "SCCA" people.   the WW2 warbird display was
> impressive beyond my expectations!   ya missed a great show!   :)
> >
> > chuck.

Sincerely,

Matt Hagopian