Re: [Spridgets] Holy SMOKES !!!

To: Dean Hedin <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Holy SMOKES !!!
From: William McLeod <wbmcleod@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:30:19 -0700
I have some experience with zero feedback buyers who are just having a
good time (I sell a lot of parts on ebay, and have never used a shill
bidder, thank you!).  As a seller, ebay allows me to block or remove
zero feedback buyers, but for some reason these jokesters seem to love
restored cars.  If I were the seller, I would be able to recover my
fees (after a while) and if there was a real bidder in 2nd or 3rd
place and I offered it to them at their high bid, it is still a bid
they wanted to make.  You can argue the ethics of such a deal (If it
weren't for the shill, he could have gotten it cheaper!) but it is
still a price the bidder was willing to pay and a price that he can
refuse to pay if he has second thoughts.  I have many arguments with
ebay, but this system isn't one of them.

As a seller, if I have been scammed by a non-paying bidder, I am of
course going to relist it.  What else am I going to do?  Is ebay
supposed to prevent this?

Bill
slightlyclassics
Tucson