Re: [Spridgets] Huh???

To: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Huh???
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 06:51:49 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
To: <kk7ss@verizon.net>; "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:35 PM

You can't just "staple" Pelosi, you will need to drive a stake through her
heart.  She did stand proudly and applauded at the notion that company
executives should not have their private jets, yet she through a fit until
she got a 757 for the "long trip home" every weekend.  I would approve of
her riding in the bomb bay of B1B and just dropping her off when they got
close to the Golden Gate.

===================

If you are going to shoot your mouth off, you need to get your facts
straight.

The Speaker of the House is required to fly on military aircraft -- not
private jets -- for security reasons since 9-11.  The aircraft is required
to be able to make the trip non-stop.

The then Speaker, Dennis Hastert, flew a Gulfstream C-20B back and forth to
IL.  That plane is not capable of making the trip non-stop to California
when there is a strong headwind.  Therefore, the House Sergeant-at-Arms, not
Pelosi, requested the availability of a larger plane "when needed".  To date
she has only needed to use the larger plane, a C32, once and that was when
there was no smaller plane available.  She has never flown a 757.

Whatever you think of any of our wonderful public servants (?), making up
crap makes you look bad, not them.  God knows there is enough truth out
there to nail them with.

LAD