Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)

To: "'mike rambour'" <mikey@b2systems.com>, "'Jim Johnson'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)
From: "Andrew Payne" <andrewpayne@intrex.net>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:15:56 -0400
I was actually thinking that with Fiat involved, I might have a reason to
buy a Chrysler;)

Besides, wasn't Hyundai crap? And Kia was the low rent Hyundai?  Oh and
remember the salesmen that used to say, "Miata buy a Mustang!!!" What shocks
me is that a Fiat connection could somehow devalue the Chrysler brand.  Yes,
they make some interesting vehicles, but most are fleet lot filler material.
Fiat's 500 is way cool, and their sedans and vans are interesting and
different.  Currently, different is King.  Look at what is selling at
anything near profitable prices, Scion, Mini, Subaru, Honda Fit.  Many of
the buyers of these cars are too young to remember "Fix It Again Tony" as
anything more than a nationalistic mantra, and have instead grown up with
subpar build quality from the domestics.  I can see great potential for the
entire Fiat line here, perhaps as a hip boutique brand of the pentastar.

May I also remind the group that we love our MGs and defend their quality
and reliability to all that swear the British only make bad food and worse
cars.  Do I need to take the comparison further?

Drew