Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)

To: Andrew Payne <andrewpayne@intrex.net>, Jim Johnson
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:33:29 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Tue, 5/5/09, Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com> wrote:
"But it ain't gonna haul two round bales 1/2 mile across the dirt
roads on the ranch to feed the cattle and it ain't gonna last long at the
rate of 30K miles annually in rural America"

Jim, that is absolutely true.  BUT it is also true that you can still drive
through much of the heart of his country and not see an import for hours at a
time (at least not driven by a local).  Imports have never been popular except
in the "smile" pattern map of the U.S. (left and right coasts and around the
bottom)  I don't see that changing.  However - you can't step outside here in
NY without seeing three or four Smart cars and even more Scions, Yaris',
SX4's, Minis, etc.  I think Fiat has made some huge changes since they left
this market and I'm personally excited to try one out again.  I'm not in the
market for another car just yet, but the 500 - especially if we get some kind
of Abarthed-up option - will definitely be on my short list when the time
comes.

 - David Booker
Midget, Mini, Protege (and Sportster)
Long Island