Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)
From: Lee Fox <lee.fox@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 17:54:05 -0500
Jim,

As I look out my kitchen window at the, just shuttered, Chrysler minivan
and truck plant across the valley I can't help but think that Fiat will
be at least as good for Chrysler as Daimler was and far better than
having them close for good.

Of course Fiat will not make vehicles that will appeal to most folks in
Dodge City. Chrysler already knows how to do that (why do they call it
DODGE City?) Fiat does, however, own CNH Global (which includes Case
Construction, Case IH, Flexi-Coil, Kobelco, New Holland, New Holland
Construction, and Steyr); and Fiat-Hitachi Construction, so they do know
a thing or two about rural interests.

However, most drivers live in areas where a small car makes sense and
Fiat can surely do better than the Dodge Caliber. The Hummer I saw in
Manhattan (NY not KS) last week was just as stupid as a Fiat may be
where you are. Also, nobody but us old farts remember the "old" Fiat and
we're not their target market anyhow.

Lee in St. Louis
(that was the third largest auto manufacturing city a mere 20 years ago.)