Re: [Spridgets] last bit of side curtain seals

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] last bit of side curtain seals
From: Kitterer Bob <bkitterer@me.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 09:08:45 -0700
Linda,

I did mine in 1997 an they are still together an working just great.
The Crazy Glue is not the same as Super Glue.  The last time I looked
for it there were about four different formulas, in '97 there was only
one.  But at least one version will re-bond rubber.  The RC Airplane
and car folks use this product because it works so well.  My seals
came from Moss an could have been better but as I said they had bonded
three of the corners so I figured I could redo them.

I would love to know how the factory installed the seals.  Based on
the other rubber in the car I am inclined to think that it was very
soft.  I doubt that it was machine installed so with some elasticity a
gorilla, with some jigs,  might be able to pull it around the frame.

Anyway good luck with what ever method you use.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition