Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets & Gasoline

To: Bud Pazur <bpazur@excel.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets & Gasoline
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:00:49 -0500
I agree old gas can be a problem.  From my experience the worst
situation is gas that is left exposed to the air for extended periods
of time.  I have has six month old gas in my motorcycle get all brown
and nasty, but gas in my sealed jerry can is fine almost a year later.
 I also don't believe in Stabil.  Ever since they were bought by Eagle
their product seems to have gone downhill.  I find that Seafoam works
well as a fuel stabilizer, it still has limits.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Bud Pazur<bpazur@excel.net> wrote:
> I was just talking to a very knowledgeable lister who said that the cause
of
> my missing, spitting, bucking problem could very well be old gasoline. He
> says modern gas loses its power very quickly. I am going to find out this
> evening when I drain the tank and put in fresh gas. A lot of the gas in my
> tank is old (last summer). He says Stabil doesn't help.
>
> He also said I should try to find premium without ethanol. This is
> increasingly hard to do these days. I wonder if other listers are concerned
> about this, and take steps like timing, additives, a bit of racing gas,
etc.

> Thanks again, very knowledgeable lister!!!
>
> Bud Pazur

= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =