Re: [Spridgets] Weber Help

To: <WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com>, <millerls@ado13.com>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Weber Help
From: "JLC" <breton48@live.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:36:31 -0600
WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com wrote:
Some of the new DCOEs are not as nice as the old ones, especially the ones
made in Spain.

What exactly do you mean by "not as nice"?  I was thinking of fitting two
new Weber 40 DCOS to my Lotus engine. Are all the new ones made in Spain? I
am aware of the Japanese copies too, but they don't make them in that size
(40 DCOE).

By the way, I recently had a car with the same problem - would start off
fine, then die on the road after anything from 6 to 12 miles. In that case,
it turned out to be rust in the tank that was clogging the carb, despite two
inline filters between the fuel pump and the carb. A cleaning and lining of
the tank solved that problem.

JLC