Re: [Spridgets] Tool boxes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tool boxes
From: mike rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:59:30 -0700
oh oh I can answer this one !!!

 The difference is in drawers, heavier steel allows you to have more
tools in the drawer without it bending.   The other big difference is
ball bearing drawers, without ball bearings, you put in your 10mm wrench
and the drawer wont open anymore.

 My tool box (one of the way over $1000 models) will easily open with
several hundred pounds of tools in the drawer, do my drawers have that
much weight in them ? hell no, but its nice to use the drawers as a step
ladder (that is a joke, dont do it, mine will handle my weight but don't
do it, the drawer will open the rest of the way and you will fall on
your ass)  But I can easily have quite a bit of weight in tools and my
old Sears non-ball bearing tool chest would not open/close very easily
with a bunch of tools in it.

 After that its labels, gotta have the right color and proper labeling
some people pay extra for Snapon labels.  Mine is custom built by a
small company up in N. Calif. so no labels but exactly the drawer
arrangement I wanted and 1/4" steel bench top.

        mike