[Spridgets] Pay-to-play

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Pay-to-play
From: Tim Collins <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:00:01 -0500
I expect to be drummed off the Spridget list with this admission, but
here goes. I added up the number of gallons of gasoline I purchased
in 2009 to date.

For my Eagle Talon from Dec 5, 2008 to today, 14.622 gallons
For my AH Sprite for the year, 16.383 gallons. (the tank is full, but
the insurance has expired so the 7 gallons in the tank won't get used
'til next May)

(all those numbers above are correct - no typos)

I walk and bike a lot!

It's people like me and others who buy fuel efficient cars to
conserve who are the problem. As less gasoline is used, there is less
revenue to fix roads and bridges (gas tax in Michigan pays for road
repairs) This is just an example of "the law of unintended
consequences." Pass a law to effect change in one area and discover
something else gets buggered up in the process. Happens in the
government all the time.

My unofficial moto: "Greener than Gore, that's good enough!" LOL

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/