Re: [Spridgets] My students high school project for the

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>, Alpine List
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] My students high school project for the
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:32:56 -0600
Hi Lin,

I'd say they just don't understand how to get the rod out of the clasp. I've
never had to *hit* it with anything. You just pull towards the opposite side
of the engine bay and it will come free.  If there is a real PITA associated
with this set up, it is in anchoring the free end of the rod. The
arrangement is a vertical tab on the fender adjacent to the radiator cap.
The tab as a graduated slot in it that the bent end of the rod is supposed
to fit into. The rod will slip around in the slot until it finally finds a
stable spot to roost.  I'm sure the click-slide is a better way to do this
but see what your students can dream up...   Maybe a hydraulic damper?  ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Linda Grunthaner
<grunthaner@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the link.
>
> As for the problem, in order to pull the rod off the "U" shaped holder you
> have to wack it with your hand. Well I first thought it was just me but I
> have read reviews that it is a PITA so I figured it would be a good project
> being this group is running out of time.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem or is it just journalists and girls,
> hahaha.
> Lin
>
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Jeff Foster <tr3.4.me@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > I don't know if I can do a search on the archives or if I am doing it
> > > correctly is this (below) the right site to do a search?
> > > http://autox.team.net/pipermail/spridgets/
> >
> > Try this link:
> > http://www.team.net/mharc/archives/html/spridgets/

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein