Re: [Spridgets] Iridium Plug Question

To: <corvallis@peoplepc.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Iridium Plug Question
From: "Patrick Elliott" <pelliott@innercite.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:38:59 -0700
Bill..
"Airplanes used to use dual sparkplug systems to take off, when the most
power was needed. Do they still do this today?  ...bill in Oregon"

Yes, both systems on all the time...

Kent--
"If I am correct,"   You are Not.

" a redundant ignition system on an airplane engine only fires one or the
other system (6 at a time not all 12 plugs
firing)"  on a six cylinder engine, each system fires six plugs, but all 12
are firing all the time. Both systems are on all the time.

 "when the engine is running." Both systems, all the time.

"suggest to him to replace the primary set with the iridium plugs and keep
the standard plugs in
reserve as he always has..."

 Some people run 'fine wires' on just the bottom set because they are less
prone to oil and lead fouling.

If he's replacing them every hundred hours, ask him to send me his old ones,
I'll make sure they're properly 'disposed' of. (I currently have about 400
hours on my set)

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye