Re: [Spridgets] Formula 1 returning to the US in 2012

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Formula 1 returning to the US in 2012
From: Jay <jfishbein@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 09:43:13 -0700 (PDT)
I am taking a wait-and-see attitude on this. Nothing is signed. Nothing is set
in stone yet. There isn't a track.

Monticello was expecting to need financing of "$100 million to $150 million" to
prepare the track, an existing modern track I might add. In addition, all of
these new F1 venues came about through public funding.

Even if this gets the green light, Bernie will cancel anything at the 11th
hour. There is no longer a French GP, the project at Donnington Park fell
apart, Silverstone hangs on by a thread, and Montreal got sacrificed, albeit
temporarily.

So maybe this will happen and maybe it won't. I wouldn't be too anxious to
anticipate which grandstand seats I want before the announce the 2012 calendar
next year.

jay