Re: [Spridgets] Formula 1 returning to the US in 2012

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Formula 1 returning to the US in 2012
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:26:27 -0400
Personally, I don't see this happening.
2 years isn't enough time to get a track built to F1 standards.
Look what's happened in Asia with a couple of tracks.
Love to see it back at the Glen, on the full course, if they were going to do
it, got
to see them once as a kid in the early 70's.
Saw it in Detroit in the early 80's, not nearly the same.
Road America would also be an awesome place for F1, but may
be too far from major metropolis for Bernie and the $$ needed.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

> Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 09:43:13 -0700
> From: jfishbein@snet.net
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Formula 1 returning to the US in 2012
>
> I am taking a wait-and-see attitude on this. Nothing is signed. Nothing is
set in stone yet. There isn't a track.

> Monticello was expecting to need financing of "$100 million to $150 million"
to prepare the track, an existing modern track I might add. In addition, all
of these new F1 venues came about through public funding.

> Even if this gets the green light, Bernie will cancel anything at the 11th
hour. There is no longer a French GP, the project at Donnington Park fell
apart, Silverstone hangs on by a thread, and Montreal got sacrificed, albeit
temporarily.

> So maybe this will happen and maybe it won't. I wouldn't be too anxious to
anticipate which grandstand seats I want before the announce the 2012 calendar
next year.