Re: [Spridgets] Another barn find... MGA

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Another barn find... MGA
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 13:17:18 -0500
I have one of those.  When I started to work on it I discovered that the
engine was frozen and wouldn't turn.  I tried several different things
but couldn't rotate it.  So I pulled the head off and discovered water
on top of the pistons.  The car was complete- had the hood, carbs, air
cleaner on it, so no stray raindrops got in there.  So there is more to
the story that they aren't telling.  As of now I don't know if I need to
have my block bored and get new pistons if those are even available, or
look for a new short block.

> Am I the only one that's tired of ads that say "This car was a running
> and driving car when..." ???

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive