Re: [Spridgets] Pertronix

To: "'Kirk Hargreaves'" <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Pertronix
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:37:11 -0400
Yea, well my Pertronix had run fine for probably 7-8 years.

Knowing what I know about electronics though, something like a Pertronix, if
executed correctly, should last a real long time.

The ground wire in the distributor was original, and after 50 years it
broke, but the Pertonix unit should not have failed because of this.

That's why I went with the competitor's module on ebay.  I'm hoping that
it's a more robust design.

After I get the other unit installed and running I'm going to whittle away
the plastic on the Pertronix and take a peek inside to

see what failed.  I think what might be an issue is the high voltage inside
the distributor arcing to the Pertronix.  That may be why

the ground connection is so important.

If I can find out what Hall sensor they are using (and where it's placed),
then I might consider making my own spares.

  _____