Re: [Spridgets] gone

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] gone
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:13:20 -0500
Since my previous rat incident, I moved across town to another house.  I
managed to have one that liked to hang out in my garage, and he had a
hole in the drywall that he could escape in anytime I went out in the
garage.  I set a trap but he ignored it.  I finally discovered that he
was eating my dogfood and ignoring the trap.  I had bought a large bag
of dogfood and as a promotion they were giving a free 5 pound bag of
another food.  I decided to move the dogfood into the house and see if
that would get the rat more interested in the trap.  I had never opened
the 5 pound bag but when I picked it up I discovered that it was over
half empty, via a small hole in the back of the bag.  Without the
dogfood there, I caught the rat shortly after.  The body was 7" long,
the tail was 9" long.

> I had one in my shed (I'm an hour south of bjshov8) and it tripped my rat
> trap three times. The last time, it barely snagged it's snout, and it was
> still alive when I went out that morning. I had to get a powerful pellet gun
> to kill it. It was easily 7" long, nose to rectum.
> The best thing for baiting your trap, peanut butter. It will get down in
> that little curl, and the rodents love it so much, they will lick and lick,
> trying to get the last morsel, until they trip it.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums