Re: [Spridgets] Sad News...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sad News...
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:05:17 -0400 (EDT)
I  first met Frank at Sprite Rush 98 (in 1998) and he was one of the guys I
kept in  touch with afterwards.  While it  wasnbt Frank who told me I had
to get on the internet, it was Frank who told me  about the Spridgets list
and managed to put me straight when my e-competence let  me down!  We kept in
touch and at  Sprite Spree 2003 Frank lent me his Austin A40 to save me the
cost of a hire car  and to enable me to enjoy driving a classic.  Hebd have
lent me his Sprite only there  wasnbt room for my wife and 2 children in it!
 It was my pleasure to track down a  couple of parts for the A40 and post
them to him and at one point I even posted  him a half shaft for it as well
if not a pair of them.  Frank in return sent me parts that were  hard to find
over here.  In 2007  Frank managed the trip across bthe pondb and I think
this was largely due to  Busterbs strong encouragement.  He  had a great
time and even before he arrived at my town hebd experienced some  unexpected
excitement which he took in his stride.  I was pleased that he got to see a
whole  bunch of stuff over here including Stonehenge, and not just cars.  In
2008 I went to the Sprite Jubilee and  I was pleased that Frankbs car was
awarded the best modified car at the show.  I got to drive that Sprite in 2008
(I left the family at home so I could spend more time with the guys) which
was a  real treat for me even though I hoped I wouldnbt break or damage it.
At the Sprite Jubilee I think Frank also  ought to have won the driving
Gymkhana despite having me as a pretty average  passenger which was a big
handicap for him.  However, for some reason we didnbt get a  time recorded
but
Frank was really relaxed about it and didnbt seem to  mind.  You see Frank
wasn
bt just an  incredibly talented mechanic/car body repair/paint
sprayer/restorer he was also  a very capable and quick driver as well but win
or lose or
no time recorded , he  was always in good humour.  Nothing  was too much
trouble for Frank and he once collected an engine for me, stripped  it down
and then made a crate to ship the crank and rods to California for  machining
which in turn was used to ship the crank and rods back to me.   So what more
can I say, what a sad loss  it is to lose Frank, who was by no means the
oldest of us and certainly one of  the nicest, guys, anyone could ever hope to
meet.

Weslake-Monza 1330

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75