Re: [Spridgets] Parts Washer Question....

To: Brian Harlan <brianharlan@scrtc.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Parts Washer Question....
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 00:46:18 -0600
Thanks to all who answered.  The decision was made based on input from a
long time excellent mechanic friend on one of my motorcycle lists.  I will
remove the filter that comes with the unit and replace with a scotch bright
pad as the Kerosene will turn the filter to a hunk of goo.  Quite a number
of you have been using Kerosene or paint thinner in these things without
problem. As a friend pointed out, there really is no "flash point" for
Kerosene. It is actually rather difficult to ignite with only a spark in
the absence of some sort of wick mechanism. In other words, no danger of
*flash, BOOM*....

Thanks again to all....

Cheers!!
Jim