Re: [Spridgets] Oil Pressure vs Quantity

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Oil Pressure vs Quantity
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:38:39 -0700
Bud's reply makes sense and maybe if I had replaced the pump this "symptom"
would have gone away.  The pressure was rock steady through any kind of
driving, so I think the pickup was in the right spot.  At the time I
knew
nothing of cars.  I just used the low pressure as an indicator and
never had
to remove the dipstick.  It ran fine until I lent it to a
friend that wanted
to visit his girlfriend in the Marines in Twenty Nine Palms.  He had to drive
from Hermosa Beach and I told him to just watch the oil pressure gauge and
stop when the pressure got down to forty.  I even supplied the oil.  I guess
he was only thinking of one thing while driving out there.  He got as far as
Needles, California and the engine seized.  He had to buy me a used engine
from the junk yard to replace the one he killed.  Yes, there
were Bugeyes in
junkyards back then.  After that I had to use the
dipstick like everyone
else.Mike

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive