[Spridgets] Help - Re-Installing Trim

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Help - Re-Installing Trim
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 19:57:57 -0700
I'm re-installing the trim around the cockpit on my 59 Sprite (after
painting the car).  The pieces came off having clips behind approx. 1/4
inch holes.
The screw went into the clip behind the hole like a sheet metal screw.  The
sides and rear have not been a problem, but the front piece has been
difficult getting the screws to bite back into the clips that I took out
before painting.

Any ideas on how this process might be improved?  The front trim piece has
a very limited space behind it to line up the clip with the small hole in
it to grab the screw.  I have been trying to hold the clip behind the hole
with needle nose pliers and a flashlight shined into the trim piece hole in
order to see if it is setting up correctly into the clip before applying
the screw.

I am wondering if I am attempting to re-install these soround trim pieces
incorrectly due to finding them installed this way when I took them off?

I am fine with the sides and the back piece, yet I may have not installed
these correctly either?

Thanks,

Kirk

spridgets@autox.team.net