Re: [Spridgets] Water temp question..

To: Ewing <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Water temp question..
From: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:18:51 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "bugeye@yahoogroups.com" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Temp reading in the head shouldn't neccessarily be much higher than the
reading in the rad.  But it does more accurately indicate coolant temp in the
engine.  If it's reading high you need to find out why.  Check with another
gauge if you have one.  May be the gauge, may be the radiator.

Sent from my keyboard

> On Sep 17, 2014, at 9:12 AM, Ewing <oldsaabguy@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Good Morning all!
>
> So, the long saga of getting the go-fast engine running is sorta done.  I
am
> back driving the car. WHEEE!!!
>
> But
>
> Water temp with new radiator cap and antifreeze quickly goes up in 65 F
> ambient temps to close to the max on the gauge..
>
> But..
>
> The temp gauge is now reading off the head rather than off the radiator.
My

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/refisk@chartermi.net

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive