Re[3]: Think you're having a bad day?

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com, tigers@alpine.b17a.ingr.com
Subject: Re[3]: Think you're having a bad day?
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Wed, 22 May 96 12:36:37 PST
     All;

         -Ignore my last message. A better urban legend would start...

          "There once was a (any English car model) owner who had the
           following problem (take your pick) whilst driving his
           (model name) to the (pick one)".

           (Now go into great detail about the problem, as well as the
           solution, keeping in mind these scenarios only apply to English
           cars & their redundant parallel systems).The solution must take
           weeks or even months to implement & must require the expenditure
           of such sums of money that it will be higher than the GNP of
           Botswana or other such nation.

           When you finally solve your problem, you are so ecstatic that
           you rush to your computer to issue an E-mail or publish your
           newsletter ONLY TO FIND that 53-1/2 different people already
           have experienced the EXACT problem you did, but kept quiet out
           of embarassment when you first asked for help.They did this
           because they thought that they were the only ones that had this
           particular problem.

           You also must spend lots of money on shop manuals that when
           after reading, you realize that what you need to spend on
           extinct tools would keep your Snap-on man's kids in Harvard
           full-term if you could buy the tools in the U.S.There MIGHT BE
           a source for the left-hand drive Metric-combo crescent wrench
           you MUST HAVE at a tool bazaar in  Pakistan. When you go, you
           can also make great deals on surplus Soviet & U.S. military
           hardware at the same time to offset the cost of your trip &
           to appease your family during your absence.

           Once you finally get your car going, ignoring the howling dogs
           on your block and dirty looks from your neighbors, you make it
           to the gas station to find: a) gas is 3-digits per gallon with
           a decimal point, and b) there is no more 100+ Octane fuel at
           the pump, except at your local airport.

           Finally, you're back home, all a-glow because your beloved car
           is one step closer to perfection. You then start to think about
           the next project, not realizing your house is devoid of
           furnishings and life, except for the fish. In reality, your
           family left 4 months earlier, and now it becomes clear why
           when you were working on your pride-and-joy, that no one was
           there any longer to hand you tools. You just figured they went
           to the bathroom.

           So, you pop open a cold one, grab the wrench you got SUCH A DEAL
           on overseas, and go to work.

                       Happy wrenching,

                                       Phil LeBrun