Re: Electric Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 14:17:03 PDT

> Item Subject: Electric Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch
>      That's just what Tigers need:  ANOTHER reason for the fuel pump not to
>      work.

Did SU make cut-off switches too?

>      extra pushbutton switch to bypass the cutoff.  Also, there might be
>      circumstances where you would rather risk trashing the bearings than
>      come to a halt right there (approaching train, etc.), and this
>
> stu

Hopefully cutting off the fuel pump wouldn't result in the engine
stopping instantly.  I would think the float chamber would provide
enough fuel to keep the engine running for a half a minute or so.  Of
course a fuel injected car probably would stop almost immediately.  But
I'm not planning to convert to fuel injection.

The thought of the fuel pump continuing to pump after my car has been
crunched by a monster truck isn't very appealing to me.

Roland