Re: Electric Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch

To: cobra <cobra@cdc.hp.com>, owner-tigers <owner-tigers@triumph.cs.utah.edu>,
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch
From: "Lloyd,Norm [Calg]" <LLOYDN@calgary.cal.ab.doe.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 16:00:00 MDT
These inertial and oil pressure-regulated fuel pump cut offs have an extra
connection on them so that you do indeed get fuel pressure when you turn the
key to "start". They are absolutely essential. Think about it...What would
happen if you had a short and your fuel pump continued to run,
overnight-say. It could pump a full tank of gas into your engine. (don't bet
your life on a carb. float valve) When you come out in the morning to start
the car the cylinders are full of gas and when you try to turn over the
engine into a hydraulic situation you break something-EXPENSIVE. (This is in
addition to the problems with tip overs, etc.)